Pages

Saturday, February 16, 2013

OOTD & Review: Floating Stripes Cardigan

Cardigan: Floating Stripes Cardigan |  Top: Paint the Sky Tee
Jeans: Torrid | Boots: Fanned Shine Booties
I wore this outfit to a Margaritaville party last weekend when an unexpected chill made my original tropical dress an unworkable option.  I've had the Floating Stripes Cardigan for over a year and only wore it once before.  I'm not even sure why I reached for it this time around, but I am glad I did.  I love the colors and the stripes, and the way this cardigan is only long at the sides.  I got tons of compliments on this sweater but I will say it is VERY delicate- one woman walking by got her watch snagged on it and it took some careful work to separate the two without tearing.  I was able to easily wiggle the loose knit to reabsorb the snag, but it made me wary the rest of the night.

The Paint the Sky Tee is one I reach for fairly often because the orange color is a nice bright pop under a darker cardigan; the fun pintuck detailing is admittedly covered this way, but orange and redheads don't mix too well  without something to break up the look.  The jeans are from the clearance rack at Torrid and were super-comfortable for the night.

The Fanned Shine Booties were picked up as part of the January sale at Anthropologie and I love them.  True to size in an 8.5, these boots have a great solid heel and a wonderfully fun fan detail on the back.  I've worn them with dresses but they also looked great with these dark jeans, providing a fun bit of sparkle to anchor my party ensemble.

No comments:

Post a Comment