Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

OOTD: can a chemise be work appropriate?

Dress: Partridge Peck Chemise | Jacket: Old Navy from 2004
Tights: Penneys (in Dublin) | Boots: Contrast Cuff Booties 
Necklace: Multitudes Necklace | Earrings: Jingled Hoops
**********
I ordered this chemise from Anthro after seeing it on Roxy here because I loved the color of the top and the pattern of the skirt.  The chemise fits, and is comfortable, but a large bust means the waist sits much higher on me than on the model.  The scoop neck and color of the top are lovely, but this is another dress that over-emphasizes my chest so I decided it needed a topper.

The jacket was languishing in the should-probably-be-donated part of my closet until I pulled it out for this ensemble; it might now be staying!  Ideally, I would like a short fitted cardigan to wear with this chemise.

The material is thin so a slip was a must for me, and I doubt I will wear it in warmer weather without tights because it is a little short for my taste.  Still, a very comfortable and I think cute option for spring and fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment