Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

OOTD & Review: Dankov Cabled Blazer

Dress: Partridge Peck Chemise | Cardigan: Dankov Cabled Blazer
Tights: Penneys (in Dublin) | Boots: Lyra Booties 
Coat: Ruffle Collar Wool Blend Coat (Old Navy) | Earrings: Jingled Hoops

Ah yes, winter comes to Saudi Arabia.  Truthfully, winter here was about 50 degrees so not punishingly cold by any stretch of the imagination, but certainly a difference from the 130 degrees we hit during the summer months.  The brief chill allowed me to bundle up a bit and to add some much needed color to my outfit.

The purple coat hails from Old Navy and is a wonderful winter jacket.  I love the purple color and the ruffle neck, though I suspect the coat might flap in the wind because of where the buttons end.  Old Navy can be hit or miss for me on coats, but this is a rare win.

I've been waiting for the Dankov blazer for a while (one order went astray so I ordered it again at which point of course both boxes showed up on my doorstep!) and now that I have it, my feelings are mixed.  It is very comfortable, and I love the color.  This is also a wonderfully warm sweater, and I like the structured look of it for work.  The sleeves are a but long, and bell out at the end which was awkward with the coat.  I also think it doesn't photograph well, which is a shame because I think it looked better in person than it does above.  The fact that it is a thicker knit adds bulk, but the structured shape helps keep it reasonable.  I suspect this blazer looks better on someone with a smaller bust but I will be keeping it regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment