Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

OOTD & Review: Japonaise Blooms Print Dress

Dress: Japonaise Blooms Print Dress | Shoes: Nine West

This dress is a new addition to my wardrobe, one that came from eShakti.  I can't remember whose blog first sent me to eShakti, but I have bought a few things from them in the last year.  Though I do love the concept (a large range of sizes) and the ability to customize dresses (necklines, sleeves, length), I have found the customer service to be hit or miss.  The quality of the dresses have been exceptional, but size consistency just hasn't been there and shipping is often super-slow.

This dress was a definite hit for me- I love the print and the lines of the dress.  The dress is smocked in the back which helps with fit and comfort, and the length is bang on for work.  The soft lines of the rayon make those pleats not too bulky though I do wish the neckline was less plunging so I wouldn't have to wear a camisole underneath.  I wore this to work the day after it arrived, and got three different compliments from folks who have never before commented on anything I wear.  I love pockets and the fabric and think this is one of eShakti's better offerings.

The shoes are a couple of years old from Nine West (via DSW).  They are very comfortable and my only pair of orange shoes.  Though I like the pointy toe, I must confess they aren't wearing very well because the points have a tendency to catch and drag which is damaging the leather.  I don't wear them often, but they are comfortable to wear for the entire day running around at work.

(Sorry by the way for the smudge on the mirror- must clean that before taking more photos!)

No comments:

Post a Comment